Medium Depth Peel
Rejuvenate & refresh tired skin.
This is a medium depth peel uses trichloroacetic acid 15% to target surface wrinkles, pigmentations, sun spots and blemishes.
We recommend this peel for:
- Age spots
- Reducing freckles or superficial blemishes
- Poor sluggish complexions
- Weathered and sun-damaged skin
- To correct uneven pigmentation
- Treating acne and softening acne scars
- Reducing fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
Your practitioner applies a chemical solution to the skin that causes the damaged outer layer to separate and peel off, revealing new skin underneath that is usually smoother, less wrinkled and more even in tone and colour.
We begin by thoroughly cleansing the skin then carefully applying the solution. This can cause a slight stinging sensation which will quickly pass. TCA is also a mild anaesthetic so no further pain relief is required. When the peel has reached the desired depth, you practitioner will apply a Post Peel Mask cream to neutralize the peel. This immediately flushes and frosts the skin, returning the skin to its normal colour in 15 to 45 minutes.
The peel is rinsed off the next morning with soap and water and you can resume with your normal activities – even applying make-up if you wish.
After an Easy TCA Peel, you can expect:
- Slight heat in the first 2 hours
- tightened skin for 2/3 days
- Superficial layers may turn dark, become stiff and leathery
- Skin should shed or flake after 3 days for 3 or 4 days.
- To protect your skin for at least 2 weeks with a minimum 30SPF
For best effect, we recommend our TCA peel is repeated once a week or fortnight with 4 consecutive treatments.
You may notice an immediate moderate improvement to your skin that will continue to improve with the stimulation of new collagen over the following few months.